When I try to access the settings, the program asks for a password. What should I do?
Such notification is displayed when the ESET NOD32 Antivirus (or ESET Smart Security) program settings are password-protected. The password serves as a protection against incidental or unauthorized changes. If you don’t know the password, ask the person who set it to give it to you – if it is a company network, ask your network administrator. In the event that you created the password and later forgot it, ESET has created an Unlock Utility to remove the administrative password and restore your access to the configuration settings. Please follow the instructions below to use the ESET Unlock Utility:
- Save the program unlockv3.exe to your local harddisk.
- Run program unlockv3.exe (double-click on the file icon) – a new window displays on the desktop.
- Send us the ID number that displays via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your username and password that was sent to you after the purchase (for verification). If you don’t know your username and password, it is possible to have them sent. (More detailed info here ).
- Close the window by clicking on the Quit button.
- Wait for your UNLOCK CODE – it will be sent back to your e-mail address.
- When you receive the e-mail with your UNLOCK CODE, run unlockv3.exe again. (in Windows Vista, please make sure you run it under an administrator account).
- Insert the UNLOCK CODE into the “UNLOCK CODE” dialog box (please enter the code correctly).
- Click on the “Unlock” button.
- Click on the Quit button.
Program parameters should be unlocked now.